03 June 2009

DAMN - Adult female Deer tick!


this morning on the drive (8:30AM) into work I felt a point of discomfort in the middle of my back on the left side. I removed my shirt and saw a red sore about the size of a nickel with a tick in the middle.

Dr. Berman's office 1:15PM. Had tick removed and area inspected. It's a deer tick (Dog ticks are better because they are less likely to carry Lyme disease. Rx antibiotic for 2 weeks.

The question is when did the tick and I become acquainted? Saturday - hike at Tarrywile with Droopy; Sunday - Tarrywile again and Golf cousre walks with Droopy; Monday, probably not, no walks with Droopy, first night for LTR; Tuesday - hiked the gas line (deer highway next to the house) all the way to the next street.

Barb's been suffering with Lyme for 10 years. It is bad stuff.

No comments: