17 January 2011

ukulele strap project


first thing are the guitar straps buttons to be mounted on the ukulele. So I went to the local guitar store figuring they might cost 4-5 bucks.
they might look like this....add a felt washer and that would be it. They had them, but they wanted 9 bucks, plus tax and I'd have to find felt washers.... I don't mind the $10 so much, but it is not worth that

...so time for another plan.

on the way home I made a few stops looking for a substitute. Finally at the local hardware store I found these....Brass knurled thumb nuts. I think they were no.8 thread.


looks pretty close.....65 cents each. I added a no. 4 x 3/4 inch brass wood screw for 15 cents each to complete the set. they slip right through.

bought a sheet of felt self adhesive pads, assorted sized for another buck and I was in business.

Strap buttons = 3 dollars...that's more like it.




No comments: