10 June 2012

Let's get caught up - last week NOLA

I was in New Orleans last week for the Readsoft conference. The conference was held at the Inter-Continental hotel. Dinner the night of arrival was at Bourbon House New Orleans on Bourbon Street (of course). Good meal, great dessert was had by John who I traveled with...Chocolate Pecan Crunch which is.... dark chocolate mousse, pecan brittle crunch, salted caramel .

Wednesday, up earlier to try to beat the heat and humidity (no luck there) and a walk over Cafe Du Monde.


Beignets!

Cafe Beignet on Thursday morning.  Second place finish.

Thursday evening I was in search of music and wound up on Frenchmen Street. Cafe Negril, Blue Nile Nightclub and the Spotted cat.

First stop was the Spotted Cat to catch a set from Miss Sophie Lee.


I did drop back into the SPotted Cat later in the evening to carch the Smoking Time Jazz Club.


My favorite group for the evening was Soul Project at the Negril.






No comments: