05 July 2008

nurse bag challenge



I used some Hawaiian print to line the last messenger bag I made. I got the material from Carol at work who had spent some time their a couple of years ago. Anyway, I was telling her about it and she asked about a bag for a nurse. I've never heard of such a thing, so like any body, I googled it. Of course I found one.

It's a little smaller than a messenger bag. About 12 x 14 x 6 inches. It has a wider bottom to help it stand up if set down. Full zipper closure instead of a flap. It's kind of a cross between a tote, messenger bag and a doctor's bag.

I thought the large outside open pocket would be good for their stethoscope. The zippered outside pocket has slips for pens and scissors. There's a pocket inside on the liner. a "D" ring on each end of the 2-way zipper so you can attach a shoulder strap.

Since it is for Carol, the Hawaiian print was used inside and out.

No comments: